Monday, May 23, 2011

HELLO My FAMILY and FRIENDS!! :)




Hello Momma friends and FAMILY.
This week was a crazy week. Lots of ups and downs.
Tuesday we had our first district meeting with our new district. It was sad to not be with the same elders as the last two cycles, but Sister Roncal and I learned a lot about making and setting goals and being accountable for them. There was little laughter. :/ After district meeting, we practiced with all of the elders in the zone for the jubilee celebration at the Bayombong capitol on Saturday. They asked us to sing Called to Serve.
In my journal this week, I wrote down all of the things I miss. I miss painting to music and playing my guitar for the few seconds I'm waiting for you before we leave the house. I miss falling asleep to a movie. I miss grocery shopping with you. I miss turkey sandwiches. It’s O.K. though, it’s good to miss everything from time to time. I’m fine ;)
Saturday we sang at the captiol. I've included pictures from it. This is our whole Zone minus the Zone leaders--they had their own jubilee celebration to attend. It was such a beautiful presentation---full of singing old Ilokano and Ifugao folk songs and lots of dancing. The Filipino culture is really a beautiful one, and I am so honored to have been blessed with such a colorful mission, however challenging it may be for me.
Yesterday we had a lot of members work with us--something weve been struggling with for a little while. We worked in Bonfal and a lot of our investigators decided to hide or were not home. So we tracted into this one old lady. We taught her about how God is our loving Heavenly Father, but she started talking about how she is a healer and heals herself and all of these creepythings., But in the middle of the lesson, a man cme around from out of nowhere and asked if he could join. He stayed silent for most of the time as we bore testimony to this old lady healer. Until I asked him if he would pray to know if what we were teaching was true. He said he would and that he's seen us go to the San Mateo's house for a while and has been wanting to join our church. We told him things he needs to do--listen to our message, come to church, read, pray, etc. And scheduled an appointment with him.
There is so much more to say and share and I'm sorry that I don’t have more time. I miss sometimes the guidance and comfort that comes from talking to my friends and family--especially you momma.
I haven't received any mail yet. :/ For about a month now.
I love you all so much and of course I pray for you always. I love you Grandma and hope that you are well. Stay healthy for me.
Love,
Sister Fort

No comments:

Post a Comment