Monday, August 30, 2010

MTC Communications 08302010

Hello my dear momma. How are youuuu??
Just so you know, I went to the doctor last week and not only did I have pink eye, I had an ear infection! Yay! The MTC is basically a sickness incubator. The doctor hooked me up with some antibiotics and I'm now all better.

My clothes are still discolored. But there are people somewhere in the world who maybe have one dress to wear to church, so I'm fine with my 9, now off-white, shirts. Maybe I will be able to get some cheap shirts in the Philippines. The sisters who are over the relief society here keep giving us dress and grooming presentations--the latest presentation said that the MTC standards have changed. No nylons needed, skirts just have to cover the knees when sitting, more color allowed, and things like belts and modest accessories are allowed. If you have any more things you need to send me, momma, could you maybe include some of my cute things? I know I left that black and white skirt that was really cute, and my black and white dress, and my black belt. Also maybe things with color??? I miss color. Hello my dear momma. How are youuuu??


Speaking of packages, I got your two packages. It was kind of bizarre though. The one sent priority mail arrived in great condition. The other box that was sent was all mangled and taped up everywhere, and when I opened it there were tons of random things that I knew you wouldn't have sent: a batman costume mask, movies and cds, pictures of some girl and her boyfriend in a photobooth with personal progress booklets and other things, an iHome?, an empty earring case, used markers, etc. Those things weren't from you right? If they were...haha, I'm a little confused? But thanks? Thanks so much for sending my shoes and vitamins and other necessities. I really really really appreciate it, momma.

There's so much to tell you! Last week we got 104 contacts and taught 13 lesson twos about the plan of salvation. I loveeeee teaching about the plan of salvation, because I know how much it has influenced my way of thinking about life and about where I come from and who I am. This week our goals are a little less numerical and a little more spiritual. A lot more spiritual. Sister Pence and I are working on charity as a companionship. I dont remember if I told you. But we've been making each other's beds in the mornings instead of our own. And I kind of love it, because in the midst of doing MY hair and getting MYself dressed and putting MY make up on, I actually get to stop and think about someone else. And it kind of refocuses me for the day.

Lately, for some reason, I have been struggling to feel God's love. I know that I have been the hindurance. But still its been something I've been working on--to feel it more deeply and readily. Because I know that if I feel God's love and if I feel all of these things I am teaching and will be teaching, I will touch that many more people. The Spirit only works through truth. So the other night, Sister Pence and I decided to study outside on the grass between some tall evergreens. There were some dark clouds in the sky and the temperature was perfect. But while we laid there, water drops began to fall on us, and we needed to go inside. We found this place on the 5th floor of the building we usually hold class in, and there is a great view of the mountains. I turned my seat to face the window and just sat there and watched the storm, praying in my heart to feel God's love. I began reading my scriptures and found some nice verses. When Sister Pence and I finish our personal study, we usually share one thing we learned or liked. Sister Pence shared 2 Nephi 7:11 with me and said that in stake conference back in Iowa someone shared this scripture and said, "never doubt in the dark what you knew in the light." And of course I started to cry. And I felt a wave of comfort come over me. I know that sometimes it can be hard to see God's love or to remember anything good when we are going through a hard time, but that we should never doubt what we've known before when times are good. There have been so many times when I've felt God's love in my life. Even being able to see that beautiful storm through the window on the 5th floor was a manifestation that God loves me, and he gives me beautiful things every day. God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. And he loves me through all of it. I also loved 2 Nephi 8:12.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm so ELDER HOLLAND CAME this week. He spoke at a fireside. When he walked in the room all of the 2200 missionaries stood and we kept standing while we sang Called to Serve. It was such a powerful moment. There's so much I could share from the experience but i have 5 minutes! AHH!!!11 I will probably mail you what he said. Did you get my mail this week?

Also, I lost my scriptures and had to buy a new set on my credit card. What is Alainna's addresss?!?!?! How is Dudley? How is pop?

Alam ko po na trabaho ng Diyos ang ito. Dito ako dahil Mahal ko niya. Alam ko po na totoo ang ebanghelyo at nagpapasalamat po ako para sa mga niyaya sa buhay ko mulang nito. alam ko po na may plano ng diyos sa iyo at lahat mga tao. Ina, mahal niya po kayo. Sa pangalan ni jesucristo amen.

I LOVE YOU!!!
I sang in church yesterday. Come Come Ye Saints. And I spoke on the restoration.
BYE!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment