Monday, December 20, 2010

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!! :)




I have 30 minutes to write, so I will write FAST.

I did get Lindsay and Nathan's package this last week! It was such a sweet package. There were two of everything and I gave Sister De Fiesta her portion of the package. She almost cried as I handed her the chocolates and stockings and said, "I've been praying for a package." I very much enjoyed the drawings from my little babieeeeeeees and the sweet card from Lindsay. Thank them so much for thinking of me. The mail hasn't come in about a week and a half, cause aparently the post office had an important Christmas party to attend. Sister Breese says the mail should come in today--all of it, for all of the missionaries. I told them they are going to need a U-Haul to pick everything up from the post office.

It was Sister De Fiesta's birthday this week. I surprised her with a card and gave her a bottle of the facewash you sent me. She was so excited. Her mother travelled 7 hours from her home to see her at the mission home. She only stayed for maybe 10 minutes, and then travelled the 7 hours back. She brought us citrus fruits and T-Shirts from the beach towns by her home.

Our baptism was scheduled on the same day of our Christmas Party. We began with the baptism. We sang hymns and not many people were there, but the spirit was so gentle and apparent. Sister Sheela was able to be baptised by her husband!! It was probably one of the sweetest things I have ever seen in my life. Sheela was afraid of getting water up her nose, but Brother Rico showed her how to plug her nose and tied the tie on her little white baptismal suit for her and gently dunked her into the water. Her two little babies climbed on the stairs and watched. And Sister Sheela didn't stop smiling the entire day.

We ate pancit and played games at the Christmas party. It was pretty chaotic and lasted for 5 hours straight. There was a gift exchange and prizes and about 30+ kids running around. I am looking forward to the spiritually charged Christmas Zone Conference this week.

Sad news: a kind lady in our branch, Nanay Luming, offered to do our laundry for us, so we gave her the key to our front porch (the chicken's home). And later when we came home, we found the dress hanging up--having been washed. We rushed to see if the chicken was in its same spot, and it was. We asked Nanay Luming about it, and she said that it got startled when she went on the porch to get our clothes and the chicken thrashed its own eggs around. They were all destroyed. We've since found the owner of the chicken, and it's been returned to its respective home. Sad huh? We were thinking we'd have little chicks running around by Christmas.

Nanay Luming is such a sweetheart. The other night she helped us cook milkfish, wrapped in a banana leaf on our grill outside. As she was fanning the coals, she told us, "I will be your guardian here." She works with us every Sunday from about 1 to 8:30 or 9pm.

For Christmas, Sister De Fiesta and I are planning on giving away wrapped copies of the Book of Mormon--the best gift anyone could give or receive, right? We are fasting the day before, then finding the day after. We will probably throw some caroling in there too. I am excited to be serving the Savior this Christmas. I think this is how it should always be. This week Sister De Fiesta said, "I think sharing things is what this life is all about." And I think she's right. I know that I am the happiest when I am sharing with others what I've been blessed with.

I've been reflecting a lot on the blessings that I have in my life--that I have now, and that I've grown up with. I have been blessed with a wonderful, loving family. I have been blessed with a remarkable mother. I am blessed with beautiful memories of my childhood. I have been blessed with the gospel. And so many friends who support me and show me love. I am blessed to have been able to get an education, and to be here on a mission. I am blessed with the clothes on my back and with a bed to sleep in and water to use and drink. I am blessed every day by the atonement of Jesus Christ. With it, I can overcome my weaknesses, endure my trials, and just be happy. I am grateful for the things I have to look forward to in this life and the life to come, all because of the atonement. This Christmas, I wont have a Christmas tree or an assortment of cookies or It's A Wonderful Life, but I always have the love of my Savior and the knowledge that He lives. And really, thats enough.

I love you and I can't wait to hear from you this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. I love you all, thank you so much for being a great support to me on this mission. Hugs and Kisses to ALL!

Your bata,
Sister Fort

No comments:

Post a Comment